Saturday 14 May 2011

Thoughts about the video

Due to the nature of my previous work I wanted to include something unique in my response. Not only will I show and explain the things I have worked on for this essay. But I wanted to include a hidden message. For example: Looking at the film Fight Club there is a scene where you are introduced to one of the main characters:

FIGHT CLUB SCRIPT:

INT. PROJECTIONIST ROOM - THEATRE - NIGHT

Jack, in the foreground, FACES CAMERA. In the BACKGROUND,
Tyler sits at a bench, looking at individual FRAMES cut from
movies. Near him, a PROJECTOR rolls film.

JACK
Tyler was a night person. He
sometimes worked as a projectionist.
A movie doesn't come in one big reel,
it's on a few. In old theaters, two
projectors are used, so someone has
to change projectors at the exact
second when one reel ends and
another reel begins. Sometimes you
can see two dots on screen in the
upper right hand corner...

Tyler points to the side of OUR FRAME and the TWO DOTS
briefly APPEAR ONSCREEN.

TYLER
They're called "cigarette burns."

JACK
It's called a "changeover." The
movie goes on, and nobody in the
audience has any idea

In my head the changeover idea meant I could flicker images on the screen whilst I was talking. If you were to play the video backwards the flickering images would have been stills of a stop motion.
However, in practice this idea was too complex. This is because to produce a decent stop motion hundreds of photos would have to be taken. That would mean in the essay response the flickering images would distract you from what was actually being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment